The Super Bowl is an annual event that determines the National Football League’s champion for each given season. Before the term “Super Bowl” was created, the American Football League and the National Football League would battle it out for supremacy in a game previously known as the AFL-NFL World Championship. The term “Super Bowl” was coined as part of the AFL-NFL merger in 1970. After the merger was complete, each league was separated into different conferences. The winners of the AFC (formally known as the AFL) and the NFC (formally the NFL) meet up on Super Bowl Sunday to determine the NFL Champion for each season.
Best Super Bowl Betting Sites
Best Super Bowl 2023 Betting Sites
How to Bet on Super Bowl 2023❓
- Choose an Operator
When betting on the Super Bowl, you want to make sure you are putting your money in the hands of a reliable and trustworthy operator. Selecting any of the aforementioned operators above will guarantee your safety, while also providing an efficient and simplistic platform. To place a bet through any operator you will need an account. Don’t have an account yet? No worries, simply create one and start earning money.
- Choose the Market
Outright Markets – Outright Markets are when you place a bet on the winner of an entire league or competition instead of a single matchup. These bets can be placed before the season starts and remain open through the completion of the Super Bowl. Prop Bets – Prop Bets or Proposition Bets are a bet placed on an individual player or event. Prop Bets can be placed on anything from how many touchdowns a specific player will score, to whether the coin flip will result in heads or tails.
Example: Which Conference will produce the winning team – AFC or NFC?
Other Markets – Other betting markets such as over/under, point spread, and outright winners and more, will be available the closer we get to the kick-off of the big game.
- Do Your Research
Don’t go into a bet blind. Before putting your money down on something, make sure to do your research. The sports world is ever changing, lines and predictions are constantly on the move. Make sure to continuously check the odds, markets, and bookmakers. Have a good understanding of what you are betting on. For instance, visiting sites with Super Bowl predictions and Super Bowl tips will help further your knowledge on a specific Super Bowl betting lines or prop bets to heighten your chances at a more probable and lucrative payout.
- Popular Betting Markets
Outright Winner – The winner of an entire competition rather than a single event. In this case you would place your bet for who you predict to win Super Bowl 2023.
Point Spread – The point spread is a figure set by oddsmakers to provide an advantage/disadvantage based on a margin of victory/defeat for a given team. The team designated as the “favorite” (likely to win), will be given a negative point spread. This means they would have to win the game by the given points to earn you a payout. The “underdog” is given a positive point spread. Meaning the team can lose a game, but as long as it is within the given positive point spread, they would still be considered winners against the spread.
Example 1: Seattle Seahawks (+4) vs. Green Bay Packers (-4)
The Packers enter the game as 4-point favourites, meaning they would have to win the game by more than four points to win the bet. The Seahawks are rated as 4-point underdogs, meaning they could either win or lose the game, but by under four points to win the bet. For instance, let’s say the Packers defeat the Seahawks 20-17. The Packers win the game, but the Seahawks win the bet due to not losing by more than four points – they have effectively “covered the spread.”
Example 2: Total (Over/Under – 40 points)
The total is a marker set by oddsmakers to determine the combination of points scored by both teams. You can place your bet on whether you believe the total will be over or under the set total. In this scenario the Packers win 20-17, giving a total of just 37 points scored between the two teams. Since 37 is less than 40, the game went UNDER.
Super Bowl Prop Bets
Examples of Previous Super Bowl Prop Bets
- How long will it take to sing the National Anthem?
- What color will Pink’s hair be when she starts singing the National Anthem?
- Will either quarterback throw over 400 yards passing?
- Will anyone besides Tom Brady and Nick Foles take a snap during the game?
- Will Tom Brady’s jersey be stolen again?
- Will the first offensive play be a run or a pass?
Super Bowl 2023 Schedule
- The NFL regular season started on Thursday, September 8, 2022. The opening game was between the Los Angeles Rams and Buffalo Bills.
- This NFL season consists of 18 weeks and a 272 total games.
- Super Bowl LVII will be played on Sunday, February 12, 2023 in Glendale, Arizona. Kick-off in the State Farm Stadium will occur at approximately 6:30 pm (ET).
Interesting Super Bowl Facts 📝
- The Pittsburgh Steelers have hoisted the Lombardi trophy more than any other NFL team. The Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots and San Francisco 49ers have each won five Super Bowls, while Pittsburgh has won six.
- New York Giants quarterback Phil Simms was paid $75,000 to shout, “I’m going to Disney World” on the field following the Giants Super Bowl XXI victory over the Denver Broncos.
- New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is tied with Hall of Fame pass rusher Charles Haley for most Super Bowl wins. While each player owns five Super Bowl rings, Brady has captured all his playing for just one team. Haley won championships as both a member of the 49ers and the Cowboys.
- The New England Patriots have appeared in the big game more than any other NFL team. The Pats have made it to Super Bowl Sunday an astonishing ten times.
- The most expensive ticket to attend Super Bowl I cost a measly $12.00 back in 1967. Based off of inflation, that would cost you an affordable $89 today. The first Super Bowl tickets didn’t even sell out!
- A 30-second commercial spot during the Super Bowl would have cost you around $40,000 during the inaugural Super Bowl. Fast forward today, that same 30-second commercial slot will run $5.5+ million dollars.
- The Buffalo Bills played in a record setting four consecutive Super Bowl from 1990-1993. Buffalo came away empty handed, losing every single game.
- No NFL team has ever had the privilege of playing a Super Bowl with home field advantage. Never has an organization made it to the Super Bowl the same year that the big game was taking place in their home Stadium.
- A power outage in New Orleans’ Superdome halted play for approximately 34 minutes in Super Bowl XLVII.
- Super Bowl LI is the only Super Bowl to ever go into overtime. The New England Patriots ended up benefiting the most from the additional period. The Pats defeated the Atlanta Falcons 34-28.
About the Super Bowl
The winner of the Super Bowl is awarded the Lombardi trophy. The trophy is named in honor of Hall of Fame coach Vince Lombardi, who led the Green Bay Packers to victories in the first two inaugural Super Bowl games ever played. The Super Bowl takes place at the culmination of the NFL football season for the calendar year prior. Super Bowl Sunday has blossomed into something of an unofficial national holiday, becoming hands down, one of the biggest events in pro sports.
- Betting Sites
- Best Super Bowl Betting Sites